[Volunteers-list] Intro

Dawn Keenan dkeenan.home at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 18:30:40 UTC 2018

I've contributed to a variety of Open Source projects in the past, largely
before I started moving from project management to people and service
management. These days I'm more at home translating between people's needs
and technical solution frameworks than locking horns with CS researchers,
though I still enjoy writing or improving the odd bit of code. I've handled
IT privacy and authorization, incident response and user education for much
of my career, from the early 90s on.

I'm here because I'm passionate about what I see as the primary audience
for openprivacy.ca work: marginalized people at high risk for misuse of
personal information. I recognize that I'm not likely to be at the center
of the heavy lifting in terms of R&D: plenty of other people with those
skills.

I've been on the Board of Directors for a vehicle sharing co-op for close
to four years, half that time managing legal compliance and governance
issues. That work has pretty much wound down with the sale of the business
to a privately owned concern. Depending on the culture fit and the
organization's needs, I could see myself running for a spot on the board
here. Currently taking a year off paid work (IT service management) to
focus on some parts of my skill set that want a bit of polish. Based in
Toronto.